To manage the street vendors in Taiwan Province, the Ministry of
Economic Affairs (hereinafter referred to as “the Ministry”) has
hereby established these Regulations.
The street vendors referred to herein are categorized as
1. Regular street vendor: vendors approved by competent
authorities to establish a fixed spot for selling goods
appointed other than the market.
2. Mobile street vendor: vendors approved by competent
authorities to sell goods carried by shoulder or in mobile
stalls or various vehicles.
The central competent authority referred to herein means the
Ministry of Economic Affairs, and the competent authorities in
counties (cities) shall be the county (city) government, and
village (township, city) offices in the village (township, city)
The construction unit shall manage the planning, registration,
certificate issuance and management of street vendors; the
police unit shall manage law enforcement against violating
Current public or private market stalls (stores) shall
accommodate vendors as much as possible. In the case that the
market stalls are inadequate, the competent authorities shall
specify the temporary centralized area (section) and business
hours for street vendors together with associate agencies and
issue the certificates for management.
There must be a layout for the centralized area (section) and
business hours for street vendors depending on actual
conditions, and vendor facility standards shall be established
For retail sales of locally produced seasonal products, there
may be an appropriate location divided from a temporary
centralized area (section) for temporary stalls established by
the retailers after surrendering a management fee and cleaning
service charge within a limited time, which shall not exceed
five days every week.
The centralized area (section) shall be arranged by business
categories of the vendors. The same area (section) may
accommodate morning, day and night three kinds of vendors in
The competent authorities may determine the local business hours
for morning, day and night vendors above, as the case may be.
When the temporary centralized area (section) for vendors needs
to be moved due to change of environment, destruction of the
scenery of the city, traffic obstruction or other accidents, the
competent authority shall announce the appointed moving area
(section) one month in advance and notify vendors to move,
For application for a vendor permit, the vendor shall have a
local household registered for at least six months and satisfy
one of the following regulations:
1. A low income household registered to the government.
2. Existing vendor with certificate or registration.
3. Physically or mentally disabled receiving handbook for the
4. A person without constant occupational income approved by the
head of the neighborhood and on whom the family is dependent.
The locale referred to above means the administrative region
under jurisdiction of the competent authority of the provincial
city or township (town, city) where the application is received.
Street vendors shall obtain approval from the competent
authorities and acquire vendor permits, as well as enroll as
members of the vendor association before running the business.
For areas without an established vendor association pursuant to
regulations, the competent authorities shall guide the
establishment of vendor associations.
For the vendor permit application, the application form must be
filled out and submitted along with related documents to the
competent authority of a provincial city or township (town,
city) for review and management.
The preceding vendor permits are categorized into regular and
mobile vendors; both are valid for three years. For those
intending to continue the operation, the application shall be
filed again one month prior to expiration.
One household is entitled to apply for one vendor permit as set
forth in paragraph 1.
No mobile vendor permit is allowed in an important urban area
(section), tourism area, close to market, important traffic
routes or for food vendors
The street vendor shall pay the management fee and cleaning
service charge of each month once by the end of said month. The
competent authorities shall determine the rates based on floor
space, location and type of business.
Street vendors shall comply with regulations as follows:
1. Run the business within appointed area (section) and time.
2. Equipment and goods sold shall be arranged in an orderly
fashion and keep the environment clean.
3. Mobile stalls shall not be mounted to the ground, and the
stall shall be removed from the current location by the end of
4. Food equipment and food of the vendor shall satisfy standards
of health related laws and shall always be kept clean.
5. There must be a watertight container with a cover to preserve
wastes which must be kept clean at all times.
6. The storage of dangerous oil and explosive or flammable
objects is prohibited.
7. The permit shall be hung up in an obvious spot during
8. The stall of a regular vendor may not be used as residence.
9. No behavior detrimental to hygiene, traffic, or public order,
generating noise or violating regulations is allowed.
The competent authorities shall designate a vendor association
to assist on the following matters. Where there is no vendor
association, the competent authority shall hire vendor
management personnel for handling:
1. Public order maintenance.
2. Maintenance of environmental health.
3. Lodging an accusation or report to violating vendors.
4. Collecting various fees.
5. Other vendor related management and handling matters.
The vendor association may ask local police and health units to
cooperate with management of the preceding matters.
Where one of the following circumstances occurs with the vendor,
the vendor permit shall be revoked.
1. Where there is a false or unreal item in the application.
2. The type, location or time of business is changed without
3. The business is suspended without cause for over three
4. The stall is rented out, assigned or delivered to others for
running a business on the vendor’s behalf.
5. The vendor or his/her spouse obtains a stall in the market.
6. Fail to move to the appointed area (section) by deadline set
forth in article 6 without reason.
7. Job transfer via governmental guidance.
8. The household registration has been removed from the original
provincial city or township (town, city) where the permit was
9. Owes sales tax, management fee or cleaning service charge for
If a permit is revoked by the competent authority due to one of
the circumstances set forth in paragraphs 3 to 7, no further
application is allowed.
For violation of these regulations, the punishment shall be
managed in accordance with the Traffic Penalty Rules, Food
Sanitation Management Law, Waste Disposal Act, Administrative
Execution Act and other related laws.
The format of the book, table and certificate under these
regulations shall otherwise be determined by the Ministry.
These Regulations shall be effective as of July 1, 1999.